The rollout of a software update for Nokia Lumia 800 has started. This will bring the software on the Lumia 800 to version 1600.2483.8106.11500. Among other things it will fix the battery issue. It also includes some Wi-Fi connectivity enhancements. Here is what Microsoft Zune updater says about this update:
- Fixes an on-screen keyboard issue to prevent keyboard from disappearing during typing.
- Fixes a Gmail syncing issue.
- Fixes a location access issue. With this fix, the Me feature is the People Hub sends anonymous information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers to Microsoft only if you agree to allow Check In function to access and use location information.
- Revokes digital certificates from DigiCert Sdn Bhd to address an encryption issue.
- Fixes an email issue realted to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. With this fix, when you reply to or forward a message, the original message is now included in your response.
- Fixes a voicemail notification issue.
I just updated my Nokia Lumia 800. I can't see any visible change yet, except that the OS version is now 7.10.8107.79 and the firmware revision number is now 1600.2479.7740.11451. Strange, according to Nokia Conversations it should be 1600.2483.8106.11500.